Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Silence in Peace

I see shadows dancing across my face as the moon glistens upon the soft diamond snow. I am amazed at the deafening silence the wintery woods hold in their seemingly innocent stillness.

I am alone.

Exhale.

My breath, a cloud white mist, seems to be the trumpet of this quiet mountain.

The moon is my flashlight and reflects off of each crystal of snow that exists to be seen. The woods seem to be lit as far as the eye can see.

Midnight appears to be midday.

I smile.

Overwhelming silence brings to pass a deep warmth inside my heart.

I have found my silence in peace.

My peace in paradise.

My paradise within.

As my gaze circle's; each aspen appears to be perfectly spaced as if this forest had been planted by man and not naturally bloomed at random by god's great hand.

Inhale.

The crisp air fills my lungs entirely and I am alive. Filled with renewed energy and new sense of self.
My mind is clear as my eyes travel up to the moonlit sky.

Each star is like a  bright diamond that competes for your attention. Flashing at different moments as if screaming for you to look at only one, while wanting to look at them all as a whole.

Breathtaking.

I take a step towards the only place I can.

Forward.

No longer am I facing the past, but the here and now.

The present.

I am here in this space. Surrounded by such beauty. My heart is open......soft.

I have been reset.

I am ready.

Ready to face the world.

Ready to face my challenges.

Challenges come.

I'm ready for the fight.

Because I know I will win.

Because I took a moment,

Reset,

and found my silence in peace.







3 comments:

This blog is mainly written by Niki Michaelis. There have been two other co-writers so far: Jenna Pinegar and Sarah Cook. If you need help finding a loved one please contact me. I would be more than willing to put your loved ones picture up and story to get more people looking for your loved one. Email me at themissingpiece777@gmail.com. Will contact you as soon as possible.