Sunday, January 27, 2013

Who am I, Help the missing

My name is niki. The picture on the home page is a picture of my brothers. I wanted everyone who saw the blog to see his face and not mine. Since I am so new to technology.....that is the only way so far I have figured out how to do it. Don't laugh. I hate computers and phones and that they come out with "new" stuff all the time. I just can't keep up. I have been avoiding learning how to use the computer my entire life, I know all my friends phone numbers by heart, and I like to talk not text. SO sorry that I don't run with the cool crowd anymore.
      I am 30 years old and have 4 kids. I love them more than anything and they make my life so worth living. They give me an excuse to still play in the water fountains, play those stupid puppet arcade claw games, and not act like an adult. I love it. Plus I get to love them. Which is my favorite part. I am married to my best best friend, Kirt. He has seen me through everything and loved me unconditionally. He is more than I wished, dreamed, and ever hoped for. I truly love him with all my heart.
     I love running, camping, hiking, swimming, etc. basically anything you do outdoors I love. I love to cook. Hate to clean.
     I am all for women being mothers but my mother got divorced and had to raise 7 kids and go back to work so I'm all about getting an education too. No offense to mothers who don't have an education, I am just a little paranoid with life. I've just learned life doesn't always go as you thought it would so back up plans are a good thing. If something happened to kirt I could take care of my kids. I am a nurse and work for professional case management. It is a hospice homecare that specializes in nuclear and uranium poisoning. I love my job. I love that I got and education. It is something I have never regretted doing.
    I am trying to start a non-profit organization for missing children AND adults. When adults go missing the response time is so slow because adults have the right to go missing. I have heard way too many stories about how many people wish the time window shorter. If it had been they may have been able to save their loved one. I have 2 people I am in contact with right now and are writing their stories of their missing loved one, and how they are dealing with their struggle. One found their loved one after about 2 weeks of being missing.  The other still has not. Please keep checking for updates on these people. They have been featured on CNN and their stories are next to unbelievable.








     This site was made and intended for people to come and see how people deal with missing loved ones. There are so many missing people out there and so few helpful tips in dealing with the pain these people feel. I hope this site helps someone somewhere. Help me, help others. Refer this site to a friend. We need more people speaking out about this subject. How do you deal with the pain of the unknown???

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is mainly written by Niki Michaelis. There have been two other co-writers so far: Jenna Pinegar and Sarah Cook. If you need help finding a loved one please contact me. I would be more than willing to put your loved ones picture up and story to get more people looking for your loved one. Email me at themissingpiece777@gmail.com. Will contact you as soon as possible.