Sunday, March 17, 2013

Ambiguous Loss--part 1

This post is going to be short, sweet, and straight to the point:)

I was so excited when I learned of Dr. Pauline Boss. She specializes in Ambiguous Loss and has written many books about it.

In her book, called "Ambiguous Loss: Learning to Live with Unresolved Grief" She talks about "frozen grief" and how we are meant to go through a mourning process. It is an excellent book and I am still in the process of reading it.

SO many people deal with ambiguous loss. My eyes were open to an entire world of people just like me. Whether it is a person gone missing in war, killed in action, missing in action,  divorced parents, where one parent is no longer even able to know the whereabouts of the other parent whether they are alive or not, people gone missing, runaways, an orphan mourning the unknown of absent parents, etc.

So many people in the same situation need knowledge, good knowledge, on how to deal with the pain they are experiencing. I highly recommend this book for everyone. It has so many good points and can help you relate to more people than you will ever realize. If you know of anyone who is struggling with ambiguous loss recommend this book. IT IS AMAZING.

DR. PAULINE BOSS    "AMBIGUOUS LOSS: LEARNING TO LIVE WITH UNRESOLVED GRIEF"
                                  Thanks you so much for reading:)             niki

3 comments:

  1. You are the best cousin ever!!! I love you so much. You are such a good example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I owe it all to you Justin. Had you not told me about her I would not understand myself at all. Thank you so much. you have no idea what you have done for me!!!! you are amazing!!!! I am so glad you are my cousin. I owe all these posts to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way I can't take credit I just knew she would help. She came to Utah State and I had the opportunity to hear her lecture. She is pretty dang awesome. I'm so glad she has helped you.

      Delete

This blog is mainly written by Niki Michaelis. There have been two other co-writers so far: Jenna Pinegar and Sarah Cook. If you need help finding a loved one please contact me. I would be more than willing to put your loved ones picture up and story to get more people looking for your loved one. Email me at themissingpiece777@gmail.com. Will contact you as soon as possible.