Sunday, March 3, 2013

THE LOOKING GLASS......for erin

Into the looking glass I see
two sisters meant to be.
though she six and I sixteen,
nothing could come between.
my love for her is forever growing
without her ever knowing.
Two girls
One big family.
Trials for all to bear..
First, A father for her to forever miss.
A trial I thought Unbearable.
her strength, inspiring. 
Second, we both, a brother forever missing.
A trial so confusing and haunting we pray for the comfort of god each day.
God carries us through 
Third. She, a mother to cancer.
I., a step-mother.
A trial feeling so unjust for my sweet sister.
A daughter needs her mother.
A trial she gave me comfort,
A trial she gave me wisdom.
A trial she faces every day.
Forth. Her sweet older brother.
Leukemia finally took his soul back to heaven.
My baby sister is only 20 and has faced a lifetime of challenges.
Her wisdom and love is endless.
To know her is an honor
to call her friend is a blessing
to be her sister is the greatest feeling in the entire world.

I am so grateful to have my step-sister Erin in my life. She is one of the most beautiful people I have ever met in my entire life. She is a blast to be around and her personality and laugh is infectious. The Challenges this woman has faced are unreal. In a matter of  5 years she lost her Dad, Mom, and Brother. ON top of all of that, My brother, her step-brother, went missing somewhere in between all  of that. She makes me feel like I can handle anything.

Erin, I love you so much. You are amazing!! I will be there for you anytime you need a friend, a place to crash, money, food, a laugh, a cry, ANYTHING!!!! I AM THERE FOR YOU SISTA!!!!!    

I love you so much. I am so sorry for what you are going through. I am here if you need anything. Love you sis:)

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Niki,
    That by far has to be one of the sweetest things I have ever read in my whole life! Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day and your life to tell and show me how much you love and care for me! I can never truly express how much that means to me. I love the poem it brought tears to my eyes. We will always be sisters no matter what through thick and thin. Even though we never really see each other or get to talk as much as I would like, it doesn't change how much I love you. I do feel comfort in knowing that I have all of you. Thank you again. I love this blog, it's inspirational so never quit and keep sharing. I think you're helping more people than you could even know. Love always Erin

    ReplyDelete

This blog is mainly written by Niki Michaelis. There have been two other co-writers so far: Jenna Pinegar and Sarah Cook. If you need help finding a loved one please contact me. I would be more than willing to put your loved ones picture up and story to get more people looking for your loved one. Email me at themissingpiece777@gmail.com. Will contact you as soon as possible.