Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Angel on Earth

Have you ever had somone in your life that you know would be there for you with out a shadow of a doubt?? Someone who would be on your side no matter what? (even if you were right or wrong) Defends you when you need defending, believes you when no one elses does, and loves you like you were their own child?

This person is my Aunt Carolyn. She is absolutely one of the most amazing women I have ever met. I am so glad that she is my aunt because I get to be a part of her life. She has seen my family through some really tough times and stuck with us every time.

Carolyn is crazy. A good crazy. A fun crazy. She is a fly by the seat of her pants kinda girl, has a laugh that can fill an entire room, and has the biggest heart I have ever seen. Carolyn loves EVERYBODY. That is my favorite quality of hers. If anyone in the family needs help Carolyn is ready for action.

I didn't tell the entire story when Jesse went missing. I made it appear that my mother went alone to Hawaii. She was not. An angel was sent with her as well. My Aunt Carolyn. The reason I did not mention her before is because just to mention her in this story would not be enough. The things she has done for my family have been life saving. She let us stay at her home while my parents were getting a divorce, she is always ready to help if you get sick;), and makes you laugh even when you think there is no way you'd be able to. I love her more than I think she will ever know. She saved my family when we were in crisis and needed help and a place to stay fast. She treated us like we were her own children. I can only hope I am like her one day.

I was 16 when my parents got divorced. Dispite the welcomed outcome I was devastated. I was heart broken. Being at Aunt Carolyns home made life peaceful again. She and uncle Bruce made me feel like I was a daughter to them. All my life I had struggled to feel that feeling, Thanks to them I was able to feel what it was like to have a father who loved truly and unconditionally. It was a very wonderful feeling. Thank you Bruce.

My mom would have never gone to Hawaii had it not been for Carolyn. She paid for everything. She is an amazing sister. While there, they passed out fliers, and searched day and night for him. And when the night came  and they were back in Jesse's apartment, it wasn't just my mom who scooped up all of Jesse's clothes on top of the bed. Carolyn too, piled some clothes on her side of the bed, tears welled in both their eyes. I'm sure no two sisters would think they would ever have to face the challenge to go looking for one of their sons together, not knowing if he was alive or not. The two together cried. They both lost their son.

I am so sorry for my mom and my aunt. The pain I have felt literally takes my breath away. For them, the pain must be unimaginable. I pray for them each day. I love you Aunt Carolyn. The love and compassion you have shown for my family  has not gone unnoticed. We are truly amazed by your giving and open heart. You would let the entire world in if you could. Thank you for all you have done for this family. You have saved us in so many ways. I'm sure you don't even know the impact you have had on me being a mother but, I look up to you very much. I love you completely, and wish you so much peace in your life.


I think it would be a great Idea to sit back and think of all the "angels" we have in our own life. But this time don't just think it. Tell them. Angels need pixie dust! (wait, maybe that's Tinkerbell) We all could use a boost sometimes. Too often, we find ourselves regretting not saying something when we had the chance. So here it is: I challenge all to tell your "angel" why they are, and what they have done to become an angel in your life. You need to say it AND They most definitely need to hear it.

I love you Auntie!!!     Thanks for being there for my family through thick and thin!        niki

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more! I love her as well. I have to say though, that your mommy (and all my Dad's sister's) have been that for me! I love you all and miss being able to see you guys. I am lucky I still get to see Carolyn as much as I do!!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is mainly written by Niki Michaelis. There have been two other co-writers so far: Jenna Pinegar and Sarah Cook. If you need help finding a loved one please contact me. I would be more than willing to put your loved ones picture up and story to get more people looking for your loved one. Email me at themissingpiece777@gmail.com. Will contact you as soon as possible.