Monday, February 4, 2013

Smile:)

       I am a hospice practical nurse. Before I became a hospice practical nurse, I was a nurse's aid at a care center. So you can imagine I had my fair share of seeing death at the work place. I have never been scared of death because I have seen so many people die. You would think I would hate my job but I have just loved it. Caring for the sick and dying makes me so happy. I wouldn't want any other job. They teach me new lessons each time I see them.
      I have a wide range of friends with very different beliefs about god and if there is an after life or not. If we have life after death. Or a spirit inside our bodies that leaves us when we die. Everything can be such a debate. That is.....until you watch someone die. (Of course this is my blog and as always, completely my opinion.) But I remember so clearly the first time I watched someone die. As they took their last breath I could literally feel a presence leave the room. Obviously the woman's face changed and her hand I was holding no longer held it's grip. But she was no longer there. Skeptics might say that is because her heart stopped but I have felt this every time I have been there when someone has died. The room is filled with their presence and then all of the sudden it feels more empty, cold, and quiet.
        I think if we all sat down and thought about it, there is no way you could argue there wasn't something spiritual that left that persons body.  Something else brings that body life and makes it shine. 
        This has been my experience. This has given me great comfort. There is life after death. I will see Jesse again. So many have talked to their loved ones......even shouted at them as to why they had taken so long to come and get them. This always made me laugh. My time already has gone by so fast. I can't believe I have 4 kids. In my mind I'm still a college student.
         I smile when I think how good this life has been to me. I have so many things I am grateful for. Had I not gone through the challenges I had gone through; I would not be where I am today. I like where I am today. Although having Jesse back would be freaking awesome! Life doesn't turn out how you plan. The life lessons I learned and am still learning have been amazing. I have learned a genuine smile makes life so much easier to bear and a hug helps warm the soul.
        I hope we all take a moment this week to reflect on our own lives and take comfort that we will see our loved ones again. I believe there is life after death. I believe we can find peace. Enjoy your life to it's  fullest. Laugh like you've never laughed before, love like you'll never see them again, live like there's no tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is mainly written by Niki Michaelis. There have been two other co-writers so far: Jenna Pinegar and Sarah Cook. If you need help finding a loved one please contact me. I would be more than willing to put your loved ones picture up and story to get more people looking for your loved one. Email me at themissingpiece777@gmail.com. Will contact you as soon as possible.