Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Unconditional Love

This has been on my mind for quite some time and I have been so scared to write about it. Mainly for people's reactions. My intention is not to offend or challenge anyone's beliefs AT ALL. I believe in god with all my heart. I realize this is a sensitive subject. I am not talking about gay  rights.  I will NEVER talk politics on my blog. I HATE politics!!!! I am simply talking about unconditional love and the violence I have been hearing about in the news. please take this for how it was meant and not for some huge debate.

I saw the news the other day of a teenage boy nearly beaten to death because he was gay. He was not doing anything wrong. They just knew he was gay. My was heart broken to hear that the boy had been bullied almost his entire life for his lifestyle "choice".  He had been so courageous to stand tall and not hide who he was. He was not afraid to be his  authentic self. We are are taught to be individuals, open minded, but most of all we are taught to love all. Regardless of choice.

Never do I say everyone has to think the same way but I do think it would be nice if we could love the same way........unconditionally.

I myself am not gay. But my heart does go out to the gay community. I have often heard the word tolerance. When I hear the word I know it means: a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward those whose opinions, practices, race, religions etc; differ from one's own; freedom from bigotry. All I hear in that is an unemotional way of saying "I can tolerate you." Now-a-days people have to do at least that if they want anyone to think they are any kind of a human being. My question is, Do they really mean it? Like I said before , so many people are just going along with whatever everyone else is brave enough to speak out and say. We, the ones who NEVER, speak out, need to have a voice. I have found if I let myself be a little more open minded, a little less judgmental. and a whole lot more compassionate; I feel better inside. No book or lecture could convince me otherwise. Loving everyone for exactly who they are is pure love in its true form.

The people who are least  understood need the most love. They are the hardest to get along with, the ones who will do their best to push you away, and the ones who need you the most. I see all the violence and hatred in the world and it makes me fear for my own family. If my son were gay and got the treatment some of these people were getting treated I would be so heartbroken. I hope we as mothers  raising our children can raise them in the attitude of love not tolerance.

A child doesn't want tolerance he wants love. He needs to know it unconditionally. By all his peers. I think sometimes it is the adult, not the child , who needs to grow up. Start from scratch, and learn unconditional love.

Well this is my first time talking about this publicly and I have no idea how any of my family members feel about this. I believe we were all sent to this life to be tested to our very limits. I believe we were sent here to love EVERYONE. I never heard god say tolerate them, but I did hear him say love them. He also said it was not for me to judge but that it was for him to judge.

The world is an amazing place with amazing blessing all around us. Don't get yourself entangled in the politics of life when what really matters is what is standing in your front door, jumping up and down, waiting for you to come home.
                                    Live Honestly, Laugh Whole Heartedly, Love Unconditionally


 I realize I my opinions are not yours but I truly feel all should be equal in unconditional love in this world. I support those who agree with me and understand those who don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is mainly written by Niki Michaelis. There have been two other co-writers so far: Jenna Pinegar and Sarah Cook. If you need help finding a loved one please contact me. I would be more than willing to put your loved ones picture up and story to get more people looking for your loved one. Email me at themissingpiece777@gmail.com. Will contact you as soon as possible.